POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : distorted image : Re: distorted image Server Time
30 Jul 2024 10:22:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: distorted image
From: SomeOne
Date: 30 Jun 2004 15:28:45
Message: <40e3146d$1@news.povray.org>
"Ross" <rli### [at] everestkcnet> schreef in bericht
| "SomeOne" <ask### [at] yahoocouknospam> wrote in message
| > I have this simple scene (see below). I want to render this scene
| > at -w640 -h360. As per the manual, I adjusted the camera 'right' and 'up'
| > vector to allow for the different aspect ratio. However, as you will
| notice
| > when you render this scene, the spheres in the corners look distorted.
| I've
| > tried different settings for 'right' and 'up' but can't find a proper
| setting.
| > IMHO all three spheres should look round. It seems only natural someone
| has
| > already found the right camera settings for a 16:9 A/R.  Please share them
| with
| > me, because I'm at a loss here.
| >
| > Thanks for your time,
|
| why spheres at the edge of images distort is in the FAQ i think.
| http://tag.povray.org/povQandT/misconceptions.html#perspectivespheres

I'm aware of the perspective issue. I just want the spheres to look round on
the image. And I just can't seem to get it right. The FAQ did have an
interesting suggestion that I will try: the use of a panoramic camera or
ultra_wide_angle

Thanks for pointing that out.